We are thrilled to host the conference at Savannah.
Please come and enjoy, and send us an email if you have any questions.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriot: 11317 Abercorn St, Savannah GA 31419. Phone: (912)-920-3784. A block of rooms in this hotel are reserved for the conference attendees at the rate of $90.00 per night; use the group name AASU - Mathematics.
The "cut-off date" of this rate is Sep 3.
- Townplace Suites: 11309 Abercorn St,
Savannah GA 31419. Phone: (912)-920-9080.
- Relax Inn: 11211 Abercorn St,
Savannah GA 31419. Phone: (912)-920-7777.
These hotels are right near to each other, and located approximately 1.1 miles away from the campus: Map
No permits are required to park on campus on Saturday and Sunday. As you enter the campus from Abercorn St, make an immediate right and follow the arrows shown in this map, and park at the north gate of University Hall.
- Within walk range: Quizno in University Hall, Nagoya (Japanese) at Armstrong Center; see #23 in the campus map.
- Across the Abercorn from the campus: Domino's Pizza, Hirano's (Japanese), Huddle House,
Bamboo Garden (Chinese),
El Potro (Mexican),
- .5 mile to west: Charley's Grilled Subs, Sakkio Japan, Savannah Gyro, Cajun Cafe, Big Pete's Pizzeria.
- .5 mile to east (around the hotels): Olive Garden,
Tangerine Fusion and Sushi Bar,
- 2 miles to east: Troy Mediterranean Restaurant, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Super King Buffet (Chinese).
- 3 or 4 miles to east/north: many choices around the Oglethorpe Mall.
To be updated
- Lots of restaurants along River St; see this map and use the tab to see restaurants. A few recommendations are Chart House Restaurant,
Pirates' House Restaurant,
Vinnie Van Go-Go's Pizza,
Exchange Tavern and Restaurant,
Moon River Brewing Co., Cobblestone Cafe, Fiddler's Crab House, Huey's On the River.
- Direction to downtown from the hotels: Go 6.5 miles north on Abercorn st ; Make a left at Victory Dr. and an immediate right to Drayton St.; Go approximately 3 more miles north on Drayton St to reach downtown.
- Direction to the hotels from downtown: Find Whittaker St located west to Drayton St. (map), and go south on Whittaker St to Victory Dr.; Make a left at Victory Dr. and a right onto Abercorn St.; go 6.5 miles south on Abercorn St to reach the hotels.
- Street parking is free of charge on Saturday and Sunday.
- The chair Tom Hanks was sitting on in the movie Forest Gump has been removed from Chippewa Square which is in downtown.
- The Wikipedia page about Savannah GA